Friday, May 23, 2014

My Writing Team (A Poem)


My writing team of three,
'Tis me, myself, and I.
But wait, where's thou or thee?
A greater team have I!

(ahem)

Me writes first, the draft,
Myself whips out the pen,
And I, am I, plain daft?
To edit till "the end?"

I spit and cry and cuss,
At every shirty page,
Yet at "the end" I must,
Share my words again.

My friends, you read those words,
That slip and slide and rend,
Through every story told,
By me, your writing kin.

Thou holds my hand to cry,
Thy strength holds fast my heart,
Thee shares my angst and joy,
Through broken hopes, too oft.

And so my team of three,
When yes, "our" brain is fried,
"We're" grateful, don't you see?
Yes! Me, myself, and I.

~ Folio


Please add your own verse(s)!


1 comment:

  1. How fun Folio. I didn't know you wrote poetry. Very cute! Watch out Dr. Seuss! Inky

    ReplyDelete