Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby By The Side Of The Road.

Why, oh why, do pre-holiday preparations, holiday expectations, and post holiday recovery take so much time from writing? I feel like I've left my baby at the side of the road. This is one time when I can say without hesitation that I was too busy - not just avoiding the challenge of another chapter. This season was non-stop, rush-about trying to accomplish even 3/4 of what needed to be done. I'm hoping I can now relax and enjoy writing over lunches again, editing in the evenings, and wallowing in the nuturing presence of two sisters every Thursday again along with our out-of-town sister's spirit (in the chair next to us). Thank you sisters for being my super-duper, very bestest sisters. Now kick my butt if I don't get back to my suspense novel! In other words, if you see that baby by the side of the road, bring it home to me. Love from the Inkpot.

2 comments:

  1. Sister, we shall always bring that baby home to you - just as you do for us! Now repeat after me: "I shall not kick myself, I shall not kick myself..." Folio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby by the side of the road! What an image. My baby is crying in the crib while I worry through figuring out how to manage a book launch and busy season at work. Meantime, dear sister, remember that we need to live in our lives with our loved ones, too. Balance.

    ReplyDelete